Brutalist Mosaic Shawl (3/11)
Wednesday, Mar. 11; 6-8:30pm
You’ve probably seen Em wear this shawl in the shop; it’s one of her favorites! She designed this mosaic shawl as an homage to the sweeping magnitude and harsh lines of Brutalist architecture. This asymmetrical shawl is a great entry to mosaic knitting.
The class fee includes a copy of the Brutalist pattern; you’ll receive a link by email to download and add the pattern to your Ravelry library.
- 2 or 3 colors of fingering weight yarn: 400 yards each of Color A and Color B, and optionally, 100 yards of Color C for the contrast edging
- US6 24” or longer circular needles
Yarn for this class must be purchased at Yarn Social. We offer a 10% discount on yarn and supplies purchased for a class.
Download a copy of the pattern (you’ll receive an email with a link to download).
In the INSTRUCTIONS section, cast on, work the setup row, and complete SOLID SECTION 1. Come to class prepared to start MOSAIC SECTION 1.`
Yarn Social class policies:
- For most classes, a minimum of three participants is required, unless otherwise specified. If a class has been cancelled, you will be notified at least two days before a class is scheduled to start, by email, text, and/or phone call. Your class fee may be applied to another purchase, or refunded.
- Unless otherwise specified, the required supplies are not included in the cost of the class. Class attendees may purchase class supplies at a 10% discount.
- In the event of inclement weather, Yarn Social may cancel a class and will make every effort to provide a make-up session. Participants will be notified of an inclement weather cancellation by email, text, and/or phone. If a class is cancelled because of inclement weather, your class fee may be applied to another purchase, or refunded.