Intarsia Mixology (4/20)
Monday, April 20, 2020; 1-4pm
Intarsia—a method of working patches of color—doesn’t have to be intimidating, and it doesn’t have to create a snarled mess. This workshop is based on a scarf/cowl recipe that includes simple, geometric intarsia motifs of various sizes. The recipe starts with two-color intarsia and gradually increases in complexity. By the end of the workshop, you’ll feel comfortable working with at least four colors per row, and your color transitions will be top-notch!
This class is suitable for all knitters who know how to cast on, knit, purl, and bind off.
- Fingering-weight yarn, at least six colors, at least 20 yards of each color
- US5 needles, straight or circular, any length
- Stitch markers
You may use yarn from your stash for this class. If you’d like to purchase materials for this class, we offer a 10% discount on yarn and supplies purchased for a class. Please arrive 15 minutes early if you need to purchase yarn.
Using any color, cast on 60 stitches. Work in garter stitch (knit every row) until piece measures 1.5 inches from cast-on edge.
Yarn Social class policies:
- For most classes, a minimum of three participants is required, unless otherwise specified. If a class has been cancelled, you will be notified at least two days before a class is scheduled to start, by email, text, and/or phone call. Your class fee may be applied to another purchase, or refunded.
- Unless otherwise specified, the required supplies are not included in the cost of the class. Class attendees may purchase class supplies at a 10% discount.
- In the event of inclement weather, Yarn Social may cancel a class and will make every effort to provide a make-up session. Participants will be notified of an inclement weather cancellation by email, text, and/or phone. If a class is cancelled because of inclement weather, your class fee may be applied to another purchase, or refunded.