Knitted Christmas Stocking
Tuesdays, November 5, 19, & December 3; 6-8 pm
Customize the perfect stocking for yourself, your favorite person, or your favorite pet!
The class fee includes the basic stocking pattern along with several suggested motifs that can be incorporated into your design; we’ll also talk about how to design your own motifs to make a stocking that is uniquely yours!
This project will also cover making an i-cord, working the i-cord cast on, and is a great primer for the basics of stranded knitting and top-down sock construction (including short rows)!
Must know how to knit, purl, work increases and decreases, and bind off. Experience with knitting in the round is required. Experience with 2-color knitting recommended, but not required.
- ~220 yards total of worsted weight yarn in your preferred colors. Amounts needed of each color will vary depending on the color designs you choose.
- US 6 and US7 needles suitable for small-circumference knittting
- Stitch markers
- Tapestry needle
Yarn Social class policies:
- A minimum of three participants is required for all classes, unless otherwise specified. You will be notified at last two days before a class is scheduled to start, by email, text, and/or phone call, if a class has been cancelled. Your class fee may be applied to another purchase, or refunded.
- Unless otherwise specified, the required supplies are not included in the cost of the class. Class attendees may purchase class supplies at a 10% discount.
- In the event of inclement weather, Yarn Social may cancel a class and will make every effort to provide a make-up session. Participants will be notified of an inclement weather cancellation by email, text, and/or phone.