Wednesday, November 20; 6-8 pm
Tante Ehm’s fingerless mitt pattern is simple but offers a great opportunity for practicing some basic knitting techniques. Worked up in one or two balls of Noro Silk Garden, they’re a quick project that showcases Noro’s colors beautifully!
Must know how to cast on, knit, and purl. Experience with knitting in the round is recommended.
- One or two balls of Noro Silk Garden or 160 yards of a similar yarn.
- Knitting needles in a size suitable to obtain pattern gauge (4.5 stitches per inch) and adapted for your preferred method for small-circumference knitting
- stitch markers
- tapestry needle
Yarn for this class must be purchased at Yarn Social; we offer a 10% discount on yarn and supplies purchased for a class. Please allow extra time before your class to select your yarn.
Using your preferred method for casting on provisionally, cast on 10 stitches (if using an aran weight yarn) or 12 stitches if using a worsted weight yarn). If you do not have a preferred provisional cast on, simply cast on with scrap yarn, then switch to your project yarn.
Row 1: knit to end of row
Row 2: Slip 1 pwise with yarn in front, knit to end of row.
Repeat Rows 1 and 2 until you have worked a total of 60 rows (for aran weight yarn) or 70 rows (for worsted).
Leave stitches on needle.
Yarn Social class policies:
- A minimum of three participants is required for all classes, unless otherwise specified. You will be notified at last two days before a class is scheduled to start, by email, text, and/or phone call, if a class has been cancelled. Your class fee may be applied to another purchase, or refunded.
- Unless otherwise specified, the required supplies are not included in the cost of the class. Class attendees may purchase class supplies at a 10% discount.
- In the event of inclement weather, Yarn Social may cancel a class and will make every effort to provide a make-up session. Participants will be notified of an inclement weather cancellation by email, text, and/or phone.