Saturday, December 7; 2:30-5 pm
Elisa McLaughlin’s Reversible Smocked Hat pattern is a great go-to hat pattern! The wrapped smocked stitch is easy to work and results in a stunner of a hat.
A copy of the pattern is included in the cost of the class.
Must know how to cast on, knit, purl, and work in the round. Experience working in the round is suggested.
- ~200 yards worsted weight yarn; solid or tonal colors are recommended
- Needle A: 12” or 16” circular needle in a size suitable for the yarn you selected that gets you the required gauge;
- Needle B: 12” or 16” circular needles two sizes smaller than the gauge size;
- suitable needles for small-circumference knitting
- Stitch markers
Yarn for this class must be purchased at Yarn Social; we offer a 10% discount on yarn and supplies purchased for a class. Please allow extra time before your class to select your yarn.
Knit and block gauge swatch(es) to determine Needle A size.
Using Needle B, cast on 80 stitches (suitable for heads up to 20” circumference) or 96 stitches (for larger heads). Join to work in the round, being careful not to twist. Place a stitch marker to mark the beginning of the round, and work in 1x1 ribbing for one inch (*K1, P1; rep from * to end of round.)
Yarn Social class policies:
- A minimum of three participants is required for all classes, unless otherwise specified. You will be notified at last two days before a class is scheduled to start, by email, text, and/or phone call, if a class has been cancelled. Your class fee may be applied to another purchase, or refunded.
- Unless otherwise specified, the required supplies are not included in the cost of the class. Class attendees may purchase class supplies at a 10% discount.
- In the event of inclement weather, Yarn Social may cancel a class and will make every effort to provide a make-up session. Participants will be notified of an inclement weather cancellation by email, text, and/or phone.