Wed., Sept. 25 & Oct. 2, 6-8pm
Knitting socks from the toe-up is a great way to guarantee you'll use as much of a skein of special sock yarn as possible! We'll cover how to cast on seamlessly (no kitchenering required!), shaping options for toes, and how to choose a heel construction.
- Fingering weight yarn suitable for socks (merino/nylon blends or tightly plied 100% merino sock yarn is recommended)
- Needles in a size appropriate for your selected yarn and of a type suitable for small-circumference knitting (DPNs, one long circular needle, two circular needles, one 8”/9”/9½“ circular needle). Please note: if you use one small circular needle, you will also need DPNs or longer circular needles to start your sock.
- Stitch markers.
Yarn for this class must be purchased at Yarn Social. We offer a 10% discount on yarn and supplies purchased for a class.
There is no homework for this class.
Yarn Social class policies:
- A minimum of three participants is required for all classes, unless otherwise specified. You will be notified at last two days before a class is scheduled to start, by email, text, and/or phone call, if a class has been cancelled. Your class fee may be applied to another purchase, or refunded.
- Unless otherwise specified, the required supplies are not included in the cost of the class. Class attendees may purchase class supplies at a 10% discount.
- In the event of inclement weather, Yarn Social may cancel a class and will make every effort to provide a make-up session. Participants will be notified of an inclement weather cancellation by email, text, and/or phone.