Yipes Stripes: Intermediate Techniques for Striping (4/20)
Monday, April 20, 2020; 5:30-8:30pm
In this workshop, participants will learn new techniques for creating stripes by knitting a cowl designed to teach these techniques! You’ll learn the basics of stranded knitting (knitting with two colors per round), creating knitted braids, techniques for jogless stripes, turned hems, and more!
The class fee includes a copy of Ann’s Yipes Stripes pattern; you’ll receive a link by email to download and add the pattern to your Ravelry library.
Participants should be familiar with knitting in the round on a circular needle. Don’t know how to do that? Sign up for a one-on-one!
- US6 24-inch circular needle
- stitch markers
- Worsted-weight yarn in five colors, approximately 100 yards of each. We have kits of Neighborhood Fiber Co. Studio Worsted mini skeins in colors chosen by Ann for this project available for purchase in the shop!
Yarn for this class must be purchased at Yarn Social. We offer a 10% discount on yarn and supplies purchased for a class. Please arrive 15 minutes early if you need to purchase yarn.
Download the Yipes Stripes pattern (you’ll receive an email with a link to download within a day of registering).
Begin knitting your cowl! Begin under INSTRUCTIONS, and work to the Turn Hem heading.
Yarn Social class policies:
- For most classes, a minimum of three participants is required, unless otherwise specified. If a class has been cancelled, you will be notified at least two days before a class is scheduled to start, by email, text, and/or phone call. Your class fee may be applied to another purchase, or refunded.
- Unless otherwise specified, the required supplies are not included in the cost of the class. Class attendees may purchase class supplies at a 10% discount.
- In the event of inclement weather, Yarn Social may cancel a class and will make every effort to provide a make-up session. Participants will be notified of an inclement weather cancellation by email, text, and/or phone. If a class is cancelled because of inclement weather, your class fee may be applied to another purchase, or refunded.