Your Perfect Sock Heel (3/25, 4/8, 4/22)
Wednesdays, Mar. 25, Apr. 8, Apr. 22; 6-8:30pm
If you’re a fan of knitting socks, this class will help you explore the nearly infinite possibilities for turning the heel and find the perfect one for your feet! We'll discuss the pros and cons of different heel styles and then get to knitting them!
Participants should have knit at least one pair of socks (either toe-up or top-down).
- approx. 400 yards fingering weight sock yarn
- US1 needles (or your usual go-to size for socks) suitable for your preferred method of knitting small circumferences (e.g., magic loop, DPNs, two circular needles, one tiny circular needle)
- Stitch markers
You may use stash yarn for this class; if you wish to purchase yarn for class, we offer a 10% discount on yarn and supplies purchased for a class.
Cast on 60 stitches (or however many is your go-to number for knit socks) and join to work in the round. Knit K1P1 ribbing for 8 rounds.
Yarn Social class policies:
- For most classes, a minimum of three participants is required, unless otherwise specified. If a class has been cancelled, you will be notified at least two days before a class is scheduled to start, by email, text, and/or phone call. Your class fee may be applied to another purchase, or refunded.
- Unless otherwise specified, the required supplies are not included in the cost of the class. Class attendees may purchase class supplies at a 10% discount.
- In the event of inclement weather, Yarn Social may cancel a class and will make every effort to provide a make-up session. Participants will be notified of an inclement weather cancellation by email, text, and/or phone. If a class is cancelled because of inclement weather, your class fee may be applied to another purchase, or refunded.